Burning sensation on the penis


Question

After intercourse with my wife I sometimes experience a horribly uncomfortable burning/stinging sensation around the tip and inside of my penis. This usually lasts for roughly 10 to 15 minutes.

I often feel as if I want to urinate during this time, which helps relieve the symptoms slightly.

This is not restricted purely to intercourse as it happens after masturbation also.

Answer

Sexually transmitted infections (STIs) An STI can sometimes cause a sore and smelly penis, gonorrhoea: this can cause an unusual white, yellow or green discharge from the tip of your penis, pain or a burning sensation when urinating and inflammation of the foreskin.

I believe the nerves in the prostate and at the end of the penis are linked, and so when there is some pressure (eg from faeces in the rectum) it can be felt at the tip of the penis. Either that or maybe your urine is rather strongly acid or alkaline depending on what you have eaten and drunk. The fact that the burning sensation passes suggests it is not a serious problem.

If you're masturbating with your pants on I guess you risk chafing at the tip. Maybe it would be wise to do it naked.

Pulling back the foreskin is important when washing - preferably without soap, just water.

I think that you have either an allergy or an infection.

What I'm sure of is that you need to go to a genitourinary medicine (GUM) clinic and have some tests, to see what's going on.

Post a Comment

Post a Comment (0)

Previous Post Next Post